Well, look what’s new with peel 3d version 1.0.3 (2023-03-01)
1st Mar 2023
< 1 minute
- Grow / Shrink
- When using selecting tools, it is possible to add or remove layers of triangles to the active selection.
- Selection tolerance
- Adjust the tolerance interactively in the 3D viewer for the following tools
- Similar curvature
- Similar normal
- Advanced parameters
- specify what resolution (size of triangles) is desired for the project.
- Smart resolution
- Scanning area
- Target model
- Texture size
- Targets required
- Human body
- A new scan mode that tolerates micro-movement of the scanned part. This facilitates tracking of the scanner especially for human body scans.
- Color Theme
- Customize colors across the entire interface can be set in the options.
It’s now possible to manually adjust some parameters in this section:
This function uses algorithms to optimize resolution versus scan time. 3 settings available:
■ The final mesh will be of uniform resolution
■ 2 levels of resolution will be used. High curvature areas will use triangles reduced by half the size of the main resolution. (Ex: Main resolution: 1mm, high curvature areas: 0.5mm)
■ 3 levels of resolution will be used. Same principal as standard. (Ex: Main resolution: 1.2, low curvature areas: 0.6 and high curvature areas: 0.3).
✓ Adjust the light pattern size in the 3D viewer to focus small details on parts
✓ Import a previously acquired file of positioning targets (.txt) that can be used for a project.
✓ Different sizes of organized texture maps can be selected.
✓ For higher texture resolution, a large map should be chosen, but it will increase computation time and file size
✓ This will impact the sharpness of the texture on different size objects.
✓ Forces the use of targets to ensure high accuracy scans.
✓ A minimum of 4 targets need to be seen at all times to be able to acquire the surface